CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

9.21.2011

LDS Plan of Salvation

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and in the church we have what we call The Plan of Salvation or God's Plan of Happiness.  This plan helps answers questions like: Where did we come from? Why are we here? Where do we go after this life?  Click Here for more information about the Plan of Salvation and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

My husband has been bugging me for years to creates/paint a depiction of The Plan of  Salvation.  I've been putting it off because I was not very clear what his vision for this picture would be.  Usually in our church it is drawn with simple shapes and labels like theses examples:



So finally my husband decided to take matters into his own hands and create it himself.  So he took paintings & drawings that re commonly used in the church and photo shopped them together to create this picture of The Plan of Salvation.


Well that gave me a really good idea of what he wanted me to create in the first place.  So I said I could probably do something like that for him.  Well by this time he decided that he did not need my help any more to create his vision, which started a little healthy competition between the two of us to see who could make the better picture.  So I went to work and he is still working, so I don't have his final picture but here is a look at mine.  Although my husband says I should take it to the next level and actually paint it not just do it digitally but that would take me a lot longer so I went with this route.  I think it turned out pretty good.  It is a little hard to follow if your not familiar with The Plan of Salvation because it does not have any labels on it, but other than that I like it.


My husband agreed that I won the picture competition.  He had me print the picture and hang it up in our house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful! I came across your blog first in my search for a picture of P.of S. Can I get a copy to download or print for my sharing time tomorrow?
Thank you!
Sister Sherrie Roehrig in NJ

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful! I came across your blog first in my search for a picture of P.of S. Can I get a copy to download or print for my sharing time tomorrow?
Thank you!
Sister Sherrie Roehrig in NJ
rainbow_expressions@hotmail.com