CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

9.12.2011

From Trash to Fantastic: My Kitchen Chairs

My Kitchen Chairs Before and After
I live in an apartment complex and one day when I came back from a trip with my grandparents we saw these ugly dining chairs in the trash. My grandma said "If I had room in my car I would take them home and redo them." Since my grandma could not take them home with her I stole her idea and redid them for myself. It took a lot of man hours of sanding, filling in holes and cracks then re sanding, and continuing this process and all the chairs. Finally I got the paint which is always fun to do, I love that part. Next I learned how to reupholster the seat of the chairs, I love learning new skills. I added a extra layer of thick plastic so that they would clean up easy, and bam the result is fabulous. We love them and they look great too. I found a new hobby redoing furniture and can't wait for my next project. I learned how to do this project from one of my favorite blogs All Things Thrifty. She has really super awesome ideas and tips for decorating your home and redoing furniture.

The Process
(well most of it, I forgot to take photos of re-upholstery the seat of the chairs)

Kitchen Chair Redo Steps 1 to 4

Kitchen Chair Redo Steps 5 to 8

Kitchen Chair Redo Steps 9 to 12

1 comments:

AHugh said...

Excellent Photo Story. Loved the angels. 10/10.