CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

6.25.2013

Hurrican Coming Pregnant, Help Is On the WAY!

I was now 5 months pregnant and living in a strange new place called New England.  I prayed for help to be able to find some doctors who would be able to help me manage the pain of the cysts and deliver my baby.  Through a series of different outlets I found my self walking into Dr. Hancock's office.  I did not know it at the time but Dr. Hancock just happened to specialize in ovarian cysts, although he had not seen cysts as big as mine in a pregnant women ever he assured me that I was in the right place at the right time.  A peace came over me and for the first time in my pregnancy I allowed myself to believe that I would not lose the baby.

Time went by and I tried to do the best I could everyday.  Which was typically this:  I only went up our stairs to get outside once a day if I even did that.  I stopped doing housework.  As soon as Emily came home from school I would put a movie(s) on for her until Ryan came home from work.  (Thank goodness the school program Emily was enrolled in at that time was full days everyday of the week.)  I played the Ipad to take my mind off the pain.  I read a lot of books to do the same.  I continued to try to attend church every week but it usually came down to me only making it about twice a month, so our home teachers started to bring me the sacrament.  Also I stopped cooking meals or shopping, so the Relief Society was bringing in meals twice a week if not more.  And when Ryan was not home Emily stepped up and was really good about getting me water and bread.  I really don't know what I would of done without her she is such a sweet girl and took good care of me.  And that is how life went until I was 7 months pregnant.

At that time my sister and her family came to stay at our house overnight on their way home from visiting my family.  When they were getting ready I lost it.  The pain by this point was so much that all I literally could do was get out of my bed (with help from Ryan) make it the my chair which was about 5 feet away and not move again until bedtime that night.  I would cry if I had to go to the bathroom which also was about a 7 foot walk away from my chair.  It took everything I had to make it to the bathroom and back to my chair and that was with help.  I would have to hold it if Ryan was not home to help me because I could not make it on my own.  I was on heavy medications at the this time but the pain was so bad that all the narcotics were doing were taking the edge of the pain so I would not cry non-stop all day everyday.  When my sister saw my condition she asked me if I needed any help. 

Help was exactly what I needed.  Stupid of me I thought I was dealing was dealing with life just fine, until she asked me and I realized how much I did need help.  So Heather being the sweetheart that she is sent her dear husband home alone and stayed with her two kids to take care of me and my family.  Needless to say it was very difficult for her but I was and will always be very grateful for Heather's help during this difficult time in my life.  Heather doing her sisterly duties at this time alerted my family about my condition, which in turn started a chain reaction of help and concern.  One thing I love about my family is that they truly care and are willing to doing whatever they need to do to take care of one another.

Heather had figured she could probably stay only about 2 weeks with me because she needed to get home to take care of some business.  She had arranged with my dad to come down and stay with me after that until I no longer needed any help.  Well the pressure was building the kids were not playing well together and Heather being a new mom was basically not getting any sleep or rest.  She was a trooper but on top of all that was going in our house a Hurricane was coming.  With the threat of the Hurricane Heather decided she needed to leave that night and get home as soon as possible.  So my dad dropped everything and left as soon as he could that day but he had a 6 hour drive ahead of him in bad weather.  And unfortunately since Heather sent her husband home alone she did not have car so her only way home was to have Ryan drive her half way where she was planning on meeting her husband which left me home alone with the threat of a Hurricane looming down on New England.

I knew that if it got bad there was going to be nothing I could do to save myself expect pray for help.  Luckily nothing happened to our house and Ryan and my dad both arrived within minutes of one another back home to house safely and we were able to weather the storm with no damage the power only went out for a minute.  All was well for now.

My dad was a big help and went with me to all my doctor appointments and took me outside and shopping.  He would get me a wheelchair to ride in wherever we went and would push me around where I wanted to go.  It was so nice to be able to get outside again. Then we went for me regular OB checkup and noticing that the pain had increased dramatically since my last visit they decided to do a ultrasound to see if anything had changed.  It was exciting for my dad to get to see the baby.  When the ultrasound tech left the room to get the doctor my dad asked me where the cyst was because he could not see it very well.  I showed and told him, basically it was taking up the entire screen and going into the next screen that is why he could not tell.  It was huge.  I knew at this point that it was not good.  The doctor had told me before that everything would be fine as long the cyst stayed at 8cm and did not get any larger than that, well this was measuring well beyond 8cm.  In fact it was to larger for the tech to even measure it.  And just like that a fast paced whirlwind of commotion started.

0 comments: