CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

6.11.2013

Journey to Connecticut

Ryan's company gave us 2 weeks to prepare before we needed to be in Connecticut.   2 Weeks!  We had so many things to take care of.  I relied on the Lord in all things.  I knew it was where He wanted us to be because every morning I would wake up with a plan of things I need to get done to help us on our move across the country.  I would look at my list, start at the top and pray for help and guidance to be able to take care of the task.   And quickly I would be lead in the direction I needed to go and things were being handled.  Even though I was super sick during this time I was able to help get us on the path and take care of the things I needed to take care of. 

Of course many many thanks goes  out to all my family and fiends that helped me along the way I truly could not of done it without them.  And just like that we found ourselves riding across the country in a moving truck facing the unknown future with optimism.  After about day 3 of driving I started to really get into a lot of pain again.  It was very taxing on my body to make that drive. 

I forgot to mention that also at this time my little sister Heather was about to have a baby at any time.  I was excited because of the timing I was hoping I would be able to be there for her birth.  She was scared because she really wanted to do a natural birth and wanted me to be there to couch her through it.  Well we were somewhere in Nebraska when my sister called and said she was having strong contractions and would probably have the baby soon.  Ryan and I talked about and thought maybe just maybe if we drive all night without stopping we could make.  But as I mentioned earlier the drive was extremely taxing on my body and I needed the overnight stops to be able to make it the next day.  So that was not really something we could do.  Only a few hours later Heather called and she had delivered her beautiful baby girl all natural and did an awesome job without me there.  I was so proud of her.

Also at the same time my parents were moving to Maine.  So by the time I made it to my sisters house my dad was there and I was done traveling I could not get back into the truck again.  When I saw my dad all I could was cry on his shoulder.  I did not want to leave his arms.  It felt good to be with my dad and out of the moving truck.  I was in pain I was sick.  I could not even hold my new beautiful niece because I was too weak and every movement hurt me.  So I ended up staying for a week at her house.  While Ryan, my dad, and Ryan's sister Autumn went to Hartford to move us in. 

After helping us move in my dad went on to Maine.  And Ryan and his sister came back to get me and Emily.  Together we went on to Hartford and lived in a Hotel for 2 weeks until being able to move into a basement apartment in South Windsor.  With all of stuff in storage.  I was finally able to sit down and not move for a while.

0 comments: