CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

7.23.2013

When I awoke....

The first thing I remember when I started to wake up was the nurse telling me that Kendra was beautiful.  I said Kendra?  Don't let Ryan name the baby!  Then I went back to sleep.  Again when I woke another nurse said Kendra is beautiful.  Again I said Kendra?  No, no, no that is not her name!  Don't let Ryan name the baby!  Then I feel asleep again.  I'm not sure how long I was out but when I awoke the third time I was a little more lucid and asked how the baby was?  The nurse again told me that Kendra was fine, and this time I said where is Ryan?  He is not allowed to name the baby!

In Ryan's defense because everything was so rushed we had not talked naming the baby.  I just assumed we would talk about the name before making anything permanent.  When I talked to Ryan about the name he said he had already texted, emailed, and told everyone that her name was Kendra. Then with that they brought the baby in and I finally got to see and hold her.  She was beautiful and healthy I was so happy.  I was worried because she was a month early and the amniocentesis results came back that her lungs were not ready that she was going to have all kinds of problems but I was holding my perfect little baby girl and she was healthy.  No tubes hooked up her and no visible problems.  Then because I wanted to have some say in her name I agreed to live with Kendra but changed her middle name. And just as I was holding Kendra for the first time my mom walked in to my room and held me.  I was so happy she was able to be there.




 
Minutes later doctors nurses kept coming in to check on me and my doctor, Dr. Hancock said that they were still running some test on the cyst but that it did not look cancerous to him however there were some abnormalities that they were looking into.
 
After several doctors, nurses, and interns checked on me and the baby.  I was finally able to get some peace and quite with what felt like PAINFREE for the first time in a year.  When they would ask me how I felt I always said "GOOD, GREAT, VERY LITTLE PAIN".  One doctor said I was the first patient he had ever talked to after birth and major surgery that described themselves as PAINFREE.  But after being in the pain I was in for so long I did really feel great.  Until I had to move then I realized yes I still have pain but I was hopeful that it would go away once I fully healed from the surgery.  Life was good.
 
Until I went in for my 3 week post surgery check up with Dr. Hancock....

0 comments: