CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

8.29.2013

Miley Cyrus VMA performance rant!

Ok truth be told I did not watch the 2013 VMA awards where Miley Cyrus preformed in fact I had no clue it was even happening or what VMA stands for, however Miley caught my attention with all the news over her latest performance and I can't not help myself but write about it.  I tried to find a picture but all them were too inappropriate I was embarrassed to share them on my blog.  So sorry no pictures of the performance.

First off I wish Miley knew that she is A Daughter of God, and that she does not need to act, dress, or behave like she does to get noticed.  I truly feel bad for the girl living in a world where she feels the need to behave in such a nasty manner.  And it really makes me sick that we allow that to be aired on TV.  I'm also worried about all the girls that look up to Miley as a example and someone they want to be, let me just say that she is not a good role model and you should never want to become like Miley.

I really think that it is sad how young women are portraying themselves in this over-the-top sexual manner.  I feel like shouting to the world that being over the top sexual does not make you beautiful, that you are beautiful just the way you are.  You can be beautiful by dressing modest and acting in a wholesome clean way.  In fact, in my opinion young women who do dress modest and act appropriate are way more beautiful then does that choose not to.

I believe strongly that it is my role as a parent to help my children learn right from wrong and what is appropriate and what is not.  When I was growing up my parents would of sent me back to into my room change before allowing me out of house. Actually it started well before I had the choose what I was going to wear.  When I was a baby, infant, toddler my parents dressed me in the way that they wanted me to dress as a adult MODEST!  Which for my family included nothing sleeveless, backless, too short (bottoms like skirts and shorts had to come to my knees, tops had to cover my back when I bent over), too tight, and nothing that a rude, crude or vulgar images or saying on them.   If at any point you could see my underwear or bra I was not allowed to wear it.  Then as I grew older my parent never handed me money and allowed me to go out shopping for clothes on my own.  They said "Their Money, Their Rules".  I was alright with it, heck they were footing the bill for my clothes why not?  So I went shopping with my parents to pick out almost all of my clothes all the way up to when I turned 18.  I know call me crazy but its the truth.  I say almost because I did get a job at 16 and started earning my money so I did occasionally by clothes for myself without my parents around.  But by that point I really felt uncomfortable wearing un-modest clothing because of the way my parents raised me, which by the way is the same way I'm raising my children.  I truly believe that the rules and guidelines you give your children when they are small reflects and dictates how they act as teenagers and adults.

To sum it up  Miley crossed a line with her performance but she was not the only one involved in that performance, someone along the line should have the courage to stand up and say "No, that's not appropriate and we are not airing it on TV for children to view and see!"

My wish is that all young girls and women out there remember they are daughters of God and we need to act like it.  When I was in Young Women's we used to sing a song titled "Walk Tall, You're a Daughter of God"  and it really brings together all my thoughts so I'm sharing the word with you a the bottom of this post.  There is one line that really stands out to me and I hope and pray that all can remember our great worth and not sell ourselves short of it for a performance or peer-pressure or any other worldly temptation that may arise.

Walk Tall, You’re a Daughter of God
words and music by Jamie Glenn

1. Right now I have a prayer deep within my heart,
A prayer for each of you there is a special part.
That you remember who you are and Him who lives above.
Please seek for Him and live His way; you’ll feel His love.

Chorus:
Walk tall, you’re a daughter, a child of God.
Be strong—please remember who you are.
Try to understand, You’re part of His great plan.
He’s closer than you know—reach up, He’ll take your hand.

2. Long before the time you can remember,
Our Father held you in His arms so tender.
Those loving arms released you as He sent you down to earth.
He said, “My child, I love you. Don’t forget your great worth.”

3. This life on earth we knew would not be easy.
At times we lose our way—His plan we may not see.
But please remember always—please—that you are not alone.
He’ll take your hand. He loves you! He will guide you home.
 
Copyright © 1995, 1984 by Jackman Music Corporation, Orem Utah. Used by permission. All rights reserved. These pages may be copied for incidental, noncommercial church and home use. Arrangements in simplified, solo, and trio available from Jackman Music Corp. (Original version printed April 1979.)

 

0 comments: